Freshen Up: 10 Tips to Bring Spring Into Your Home
Spring is finally here to stay (we hope) and there’s no better way to freshen up your home for the warmer weather than by making a few changes.
Here are 10 ways you can freshen up your home for the Spring season;
1. Go Green: Bring on all things green, inside and out! There’s no better feeling than when the snow finally starts to melt away and we start to see spots of green here or there. So why not bring the green inside. Do this by adding real or faux greenery of your choice.
2. Lighten Up: Let there be light! One of the easiest ways to make your space feel lighter and brighter is by simply bringing in more light. Do this by adding lamps, a new fixture or by simply opening your window treatments and letting the sunshine in.
3. Freshen Up: It’s called spring cleaning for a reason! If you’re like most of us, you usually don’t do a lot during the cold and dreary months since they tend to leave us unmotivated. But as soon as spring rolls around, we find a new energy. Use that energy to declutter and re-organize your home and bring a fresh perspective in.
4. Color Me Crazy: Do a simple color swap! Just as the holiday decorations change, so can your everyday decor. Swap out your sofa pillows for lighter hues such as blush, soft grey or pale blue. Or go bold with a splash of red. Grab a new throw blanket or rug as well and watch your space transform.
5. Artwork For Everyone: Add something big or small! Simply adding or changing out the artwork you have in a space can completely change the look and feel. Find pieces that have brighter colors and spark joy for you (Marie Kondo, anyone?).
6. Say it with Wallpaper: Start a conversation! Think wallpaper is only reserved for dining rooms and bathrooms? Think again! Adding a bold print as an accent wall in a bedroom or family room can be a great way to brighten up a space and create a new focal point in a room. Bonus points if it’s removable and you can change it out more frequently.
7. Light and Airy: Lighten your linens! Are you tired of your old bedding and linens or does the color or pattern bring you back to a different decade? This is a perfect time to find something light and airy to lift your mood and start each day fresh.
8. We Like to Move It: PIVOT! PIVOT! (any Friends fans out there?). Sometimes you can transform an entire space by just rearranging some of the furniture or the way the decor is arranged. Try moving the sofa to a different wall or switching out your sofa table centerpiece.
9. April Showers Bring May Flowers: But you can have them all the time! One of the main signs of Spring and warmer weather is, of course, flowers; so why not bring them inside. There are so many different places you can add flowers to your home so play around with it and have fun. Bonus points if you bring in fresh flowers regularly!
10. Spring Is In The Air: Bring on the fresh scents! Our sense of smell can trigger so many memories and bring us joy. Pick a candle scent that brings a light fragrance to remind you of spring flowers or a summer breeze. Candles are also a great way to add some fresh color and scent to your home as well.